Talks and presentations
- Clustering and percolation on superpositions of Bernoulli random graphs
- Cramér Society Miniconference, 25 Mar 2021, online
Parameter estimators of sparse random intersection graphs with thinned communities
- Critical and Collective Effects in Graphs and Networks (CCEGN), 18–22 Jun 2018, TU Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Workshop on Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph (WAW), 17–18 Jun 2018, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Russia
Moment-based parameter estimation in binomial random intersection graph models
- Finnish Mathematical Days, 4-5 Jan 2018, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu, Finland
- 2nd COSTNET Action Conference, 25–27 Oct 2017, University of the Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain (poster)
- 14th Workshop on Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph (WAW), 15–16 Jun 2017, Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada
The impact of degree variability on connectivity properties of large networks
- INFORMS Applied Probability Society Conferencence, 10–12 Jul 2017, Northwestern U, USA.
- Stochastic Models And Related Topics (SMART 2016) Workshop, 21–22 Jan 2016, University of Salerno, Italy
- 12th Workshop on Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph (WAW), 10–11 Dec 2015, EURANDOM, Netherlands.
- Clustering coefficients in large directed graphs
Submodular functions and stochastic dependence orders
- Helsinki Algorithms Seminar, 2 Mar 2017, University of Helsinki, Finland
Diclique clustering in a directed random intersection graph
- 13th Workshop on Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph (WAW), 14–15 Dec 2016, CRM Montreal, Canada.
- Stochastics Seminar, 5 Oct 2016, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Directed random intersection graphs
Flow coupling and stochastic ordering of throughputs in linear networks
- 8th International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (VALUETOOLS), 9–11 Dec 2014, Bratislava, Slovakia.
Markov couplings, stochastic orders, and stochastic relations
- Helsinki Algorithms Seminar, 5 Mar 2015, Aalto University.
- Mathematical Challenges in Stochastic Networks, 18–22 Oct 2010, Oberwolfach, Germany.
- 3rd Joint Finnish–Estonian Seminar in Stochastics and Statistics, 9–12 Sep 2010, University of Tartu, Estonia.
- 73rd Annual Meeting of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS 2010), 9–13 Aug 2010, Chalmers, Sweden.
- 5th International Workshop on Applied Probability (IWAP), 5–8 Jul 2010, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
Hard-core thinnings of germ–grain models with power-law grain sizes
- AHOI Workshop on Tempo-Spatial Stochastic Processes and Stochastic Volatility, 23-24 Feb 2015, Imperial College, UK.
- Mathematical Statistics Seminar, 16 May 2013, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- Analysis and Stochastics Seminar, 14 May 2013, University of Uppsala, Sweden.
Stochastic epidemics in a large population of active and passive individuals
- Finnish Biomathematic Day, 22 Oct 2014, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Conditional stochastic orders and martingales couplings
- Aalto Stochastics Seminar, 28 Apr 2014, Aalto University, Finland.
Selecting martingale couplings of Markov kernels the Borel way
- JY Stochastics Seminar, 25 Feb 2014, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Stochastic orders in stochastic networks
- Finnish Mathematical Society Annual Meeting, 10 Mar 2014, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Probability and Statistics Seminar, 31 Jan 2014, University of Bristol, UK.
- 24th Nordic Conference in Mathematical Statistics (Nordstat), 10–14 Jun 2012, Umeå University, Sweden.
- Rumor spreading and first-passage times in a large population of active and passive individuals
Concentration of measure in locally dependent spaces
- JY Stochastics Seminar, 7 Feb 2013, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Stochastic order characterization of uniform integrability and tightness
Stochastic ordering of network throughputs using flow couplings
- 10th Stochastic Networks Conference, 18–22 Jun 2012, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Juggler's exclusion process
- Stochastic ordering of network throughputs using flow couplings
- Markov couplings, mass transportation, and stochastic relations
Self-similar random fields generated by independently scattered small random sets
- JY Analysis Seminar, 16 Feb 2011, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- JY Statistics Seminar, 21 Jan 2011, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Local vs. central limits of a chaotic walk in a frozen environment
- Aalto Stochastics Seminar, 27 Sep 2010, Aalto University, Finland.
Bit torrents, epidemics, and stochastic stability
- Stochastic Sauna, 16 Dec 2009, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Spatial-temporal point processes with nearest-neighbor interaction
Computational methods for stochastic relations and Markovian couplings
- 4th International Workshop on Tools for Solving Structured Markov Chains (SMCTools) , 19 Oct 2009, Pisa, Italy.
Spatial polling system with myopic greedy service
- 15th INFORMS Applied Probability Conference, 12–15 Jul 2009, Cornell University, USA.
Stochastic relations of random variables and processes
- 2nd Pyrenees International Workshop and Summer School on Statistics, Probability and Operations Research (SPO), 15–18 Sep 2009, Jaca, Spain.
- 1st EuroNF SpotNet meeting, 20–21 Oct 2008, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland.
- 7th World Congress in Probability and Statistics, 14–19 Jul 2008, Singapore. (slides)
- RAP-Réseaux Algorithmes Probabilités Seminar, 30 Jun 2008, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France.
- Espoo-Helsinki-Jyväskylä-Turku-Åbo Seminar on Stochastics and Stochastic Analysis, 14–15 May 2008, Helsinki.
Throughput capacity of a class of stochastic peer-to-peer network models
- Stochastic Analysis of Modern Communication Networks, 1–3 Dec 2008, EURANDOM, Netherlands.
Fluid limit techniques in stochastic control and stability
- HY Stochastics Seminar, 13 Oct 2008, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Stochastic relations of random variables and processes
- 8th Stochastic Networks Conference, 23–28 Jun 2008, École Normale Supérieure, Paris, France.
- Stochastic binary relations of random variables and processes
A scattering fluid limit of a multiserver polling system
- PNA2 Reading Seminar, 30 Nov 2007, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
On the uniqueness of fluid limits for queueing systems
- EURANDOM QPA Seminar, 6 Nov 2007, Eindhoven, Netherlands
Coupling techniques for queueing systems
- Queueing theory without limits: transient and asymptotic analysis, 17–19 Oct 2007, Eindhoven, Netherlands.
- CWI Queueing Colloquium, 27 Jun 2007, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Stability of parallel queueing systems with coupled service rates
- BRICKS Midterm Symposium, 13 Mar 2007, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- PNA2 Reading Seminar, 4 Oct 2006, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- New Directions in Applied Probability Workshop, 14 Jul 2006, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.
- DRO-IEOR Seminar, 6 Apr 2006, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- 19th International Teletraffic Congress, 31 Aug 2005, Beijing, China.
- Workshop on Stochastic Analysis, 20 May 2005, Hankasalmi, Finland.
- Winter School of the FMS International Visitor Program, 16 Mar 2005; Mekrijärvi, Finland.
- Mittag-Leffler Institute Seminar, 16 Sep 2004, Mittag-Leffler Institute, Sweden.
- FGSS Seminar, 16 Jan 2004, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland.