- Introduction to Octave, Univ. of Cambridge
- YAGTOM, Yet Another Guide to Matlab
- Matlab miniopas
- Lyhyt Matlab opas
- "YAGTOM" muokattu ja osin suometettu
- MATLAB Tutorials
- Matlab Central: Blogs
- find-exercise, find, min/max
- Data Fitting with MATLAB
- Global minimization
- D.J. Higham- N.J. Higham: Matlab Guide, Siam 2005
- m-files for the book
- W.J. Palm: Intro to MATLAB for Engineers, Mc Graw Hill, 2011
- Moler:Experiments with MATLAB
- Numerical Computing with MATLAB
Mo 21.11 12-15
Wed 23.11 12-15 Problems
Wed 30.11 12-15
NOTE: There is no session on Monday 28.11, the total number of sessions will be reduced to 3.
- Efficient use of Matlab.
- Vectorization, preallocation, logical indexing, cell arrays, timing, profiling, sparce matrices, file handling, etc. (some more, some less)
- Parallel computing with Matlab's toolbox. Participants will get
Parallel toolbox can be practiced on laptops, Triton-cluster has a larger number of
"workers", ie. Matlab servers running in parallel.
Examples vary from very basic for understanding toolbox usage possiblities
- Some, hopefully interesting examples enlightening the techniques taught and
motivating their learning.
- Time permitting, some other Matlab tools, like symbolic toolbox, optimization etc.
Course news [16.11.], extended: 12.4.2017
- Condor-question m-file
- For repeating and widening your knowledge, have a look at the YAGTOM-guide up left.
Includes among other things also useful efficiency aspects as preparation for the first lectures.
Parallel computing references
#1. Efficient uses of Matlab, getting started with Parallel Toolbox [21-23.11.16]
Some references to motivate further studies
#3. Examples on passing parameters, "paramsweep", Batch, tasks, nsection/Newton run in parallel, GPU-computing [30.11.16]
GPU-computing demos (directory) [Juha] |
GPU-computing demos (.zip) [7.12.16]